Thursday, June 16, 2011

In The Kitchen-Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos




 I would say I made this yesterday, but I only threw it in the Crock Pot yesterday. I think it came out well. Dave said it needed more flavor. We often disagree on this, but he loves to eat everything with hot sauce etc while I like to eat my food pretty plain.

Ingredients:
3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 bottle marinade (I used a smoky marinade from Target)
1 12 oz can diced tomatoes
1 12 oz can black beans

1. Marinate the chicken in the marinade. I did it for about 2 days in a gallon size zip lock bag, but it probably doesn't need that long.

2. Dump the chicken, including the extra marinade, into the Crock Pot. Add the tomatoes and black beans.

3. Cook on low for 4-5 hours.

4. Serve with taco shells and your favorite toppings!

Ok, that said, this makes way more than one meal's worth. That container you see above is the left overs from last night and we ate like 6-7 tacos. I'd say it makes at least 15 servings. I plan on using the left overs for tacos or burritos for lunch today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment