Sunday, July 3, 2011

There is Nothing Quite Like Motivation...

...to help you reach your goals. This blog was started to help motivate me (and in some ways it's done a fantastic job) but I've found a new motivation: my high school reunion. On Thursday it was announced that we were having a reunion in October (exact date to be named). I'll be honest and tell you that this is my 10 year. It's my first reunion since graduation and since I graduated, I had the express joy of moving 2,300 miles away so I haven't seen most of them since we walked across the stage.

While I'm proud of my life (I have an awesome life) there are a few things that I want to get done before I face them, most notably lose the weight I've gained and get my novel written.

To that end, I'm adding a new daily segment, called Meet My Goals. Every day I'll post my goal plans for the day and a mini challenge for myself. It will also include a round of yesterday's goals and if I accomplished them. Hopefully, this can help me stay on track to get it all done. I'll try to include a financial, writing and weight goal along with the mini challenge based on what is going on today.

Oh, if you are interested, I'm also participating in a thing called Camp NaNoWriMo. NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writers Month. It's a group that holds a challenge to write 50,000 words in a month and gives you a place to stay on track. Normally it happens November, which is National Novel Writer's Month, but NaNoWriMo is offering a few over the summer for those who November is considered the worse month to plan anything. I'm participating in the July version.

On Sunday's I'll have a weekly round up including a list of how much weight I've lost. October, HERE I COME!

So what are today's goals:

Financial: $0 (it's Sunday, we have friends coming over)
Writing: 3,000 words
Weight Loss: Get at least 7,000 steps on the Pedometer

Mini Challenge: I know I'm going to the grocery store this afternoon, so my goal is to walk entire store twice, not just the aisles I need.

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment