Saturday, June 25, 2011

My Own Personal Changes

One thing I don't talk about much on here is that I'm a Christian. While I don't try to hide it specifically, I don't want the blog to be all about my faith either. But this post is going to at least partially about my faith. If that is a problem for you, then feel free to skip this post. I totally understand.

The biggest reason I started this blog was to change my life. I have goals and I had decided that 2011 was the year to meet them. I have to admit, I haven't gotten as far as I'd hoped for most of them. The one with the most progress is actually my blog.

I've been praying a lot lately about change and meeting my goals. I'm honest with myself enough to know that I want change but I haven't been do much to actually do it. Hence the prayer.

And God answered my prayer, but certainly not the way I expected! I have a very clean house. Not quite spotless, but easily a 95% improvement over what it was even a week ago. I'm still not sure why except suddenly I have the motivation to keep it clean. I don't even like seeing stuff around out of place. My friends and family would look at me like I was crazy, because I literally (and I do mean quite literally) had a pile of stuff that was at least a foot deep covering my bedroom floor all through high school. The first two cars I owned were 2 seaters not because it only had 2 seats but because the back seat was completely full of junk.

Honestly, it seems weird to me to not have at least 1 load of laundry needing done (I'm serious, I don't have enough clothes dirty right now to make a full load). All the clothes are put away too, unlike the normal stack hidden in the dryer or in a laundry basket. My kitchen is clean. Ok, there are a few things I could do (don't look too close at the stove, OK? I'm going to get to it today). This just doesn't happen for me, but it is. It's nice.

I'm hoping and praying that this will help me keep meeting my goals. Not having to worry if the house is clean means I can focus on the other things that need done. Maybe I'll still meet my goals by the end of 2011!

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment